Kasina Superstar BOOST
Kasina is one of the driving forces behind modern Koreas’s thriving streetwear scene. Founded in Busan in 1997, Kasina has since opened stores across the country and overseen the nation’s emergence on the international style stage. Over the past two decades, Kasina and adidas have become frequent collaborators.
The new Kasina Superstar BOOST looks towards both Korea’s heritage and the adidas archive for references. It commemorates the retailer’s 20th anniversary and the opening of its new retail location “1997”.
The major inspiration comes from “Taesahae”, a traditional form of footwear built by craftsmen and worn by Korean noblemen for several centuries. Elegant and clean, Taesahae are normally made from black and white leather with exposed stitching attaching the upper to the sole. Kasina seeks to mirror the Taesahae’s luxury with this Superstar.
Here, Kasina subtly alters the model, the bone white upper is made with lavish nubuck and the shell toe is constructed from the same soft, meticulously tanned leather – replacing the signature rubber cap. A welted leather band outlines the iconic Superstar silhouette and its 3-Stripes branding only appears as tonal stitching on both sides. The gum sole features a contrasting white seam similar to the Taesahae and is fitted with a BOOST midsole to provide modern comfort and cushioning.
• Bone white nubuck leather upper with stitched 3-Stripe branding
• “1997” embroidery at heel
• Bone white nubuck leather shell toe
• Co-branded leather tongue labels with acetate eyelets
• Light brown colored leather lining and co-branded leather insoles
• Gum outsole with internal BOOST cushioning technology
• Contrasting outsole stitching and welting strip
• Visible exposed BOOST medial panel
• Flat cotton laces