Packer x Solebox Ultraboost Mid S.E.
This latest installation of the Sneaker Exchange comes from New Jersey's Packer Shoes and Berlin's Solebox. Both luminaries in their respective territories, Packer and Solebox actually embrace aforementioned geographical distance and the space that separates them. They use the famous Silfra Rift, a point on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge where North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet, as the basis for their UltraBOOST MID and an Energy Boost.
The visual inspiration for the sneaker pack is The Silfra Rift, and inland lake in Island. Its crystal clear water rises from deep within the earth and offers great underwater visibility with a rich array of blue tones.
The Primeknit upper on both models echoes air bubbles rising to the water’s surface, while the structure on the BOOSTTM midsole continues a similar texture. The UltraBOOST MID is delivered in a darker Primeknit, capturing the essence of the deeper waters. The Energy Boost is lighter and the translucent overlay adds to the model’s striking, aquatic gradient.
• Primeknit upper with gradient finish and speckled detailing
• Cageless sock-like upper construction with laminated mudguard and eyestay paneling
• Grosgrain tongue stripe and heel pull tabs featuring depth chart print
• Co-branded tongue labels
• Co-branded insoles
• Neoprene heel stabilizer with embossed “Packer” branding in Solebox font and “solebox” branding in Packer font
• White BOOSTTM midsole with TORSION® SYSTEM
• Black ContinentalTM Rubber outsole
• Flat reflective laces