Vault by Vans and Engineered Garments team up on a collection combining Vans' classic silhouettes with the unique perspective of the NY-based brand.
The Gore Era draws deeply from Vans’ core DNA, reimagining the company’s essence through the Engineered Garments lens. This model continues the asymmetrical theme from previous collaborations, taking inspiration from the mismatched look of young skaters who swapped shoes with their friends for an effortless cool.
Designer Daiki Suzuki selects familiar materials, incorporating standard smooth leather, canvas, and suede in a patchwork design across the shoes. What appears to be a simple shoe reveals hidden intricacy up-close, all without the use of overt branding.
Taking advantage of Vault by Vans’ emphasis on creative expression, Daiki added a new dimension to the Era, inserting an elastic gore beneath the tongue, allowing the wearer to choose between a laced up or slip-on look.
• Leather/suede/canvas upper
• Asymmetrical panel layout
• Elastic gore under the tongue
• Can be worn with or without laces
• Signature rubber waffle outsole
Model is wearing size M and is 6'1" (185cm approx.) Loose fit has an oversized, roomy cut
- Polyester fabric - Gore-Tex construction - Snap buttons and hidden zip closure - High collar with velcro - Shoulder straps - Adjustable drawstring waist - Adjustable velcro cuffs - Packable Gore-Text hood - Embroidered logo